Sand Change for Above & In ground Pools
- Remove drain plug from the bottom of the filter tank.
- Remove the control value from the top of the filter tank.
- Place duck tape or small cup over the top of the standpipe.
- Dip sand out by hand or use wet/dry vacuum.
- After sand is removed, take laterals off (some will unscrew or clip off) from standpipe, remove, clean and inspect both for cracks or fractures.
- Spray filter out, and then reinstall laterals and standpipe.
- Replace drain plug on the bottom of the filter tank.
- Fill tank half full with water first, then pour in sand.
- On some filters we suggest approximately 50 pounds less than manufacturer’s recommendations, depending on the filter size.
- Remove tape or cup.
- Replace control value.
Note: For above ground pools, block water flow from skimmer and return lines before starting these procedures above.
NOTE: These procedures are only recommendations. Always use manufacturer’s directions per label instructions. NEVER mix chemicals together. Always use Extreme caution when handling chemicals. Paducah Pools & Spas are in no way responsible for misuse or mishandling of chemicals.